Friday, March 10, 2017

Multiple Plate Etching


Multiple plate line etching, with aquatint. 4X6 inches. Studio Proof.

Last week I shared the first step in the multiple plate etching process. Now I am sharing with you the final studio proof print. Next week I will show you step by step how I completed this project, and how I made revisions. But for starters, its important to note, that this process is very similar to how you would make a single plate line etching with aquatint. The only difference is that we are using three plates, all with one color to make a final print. For this one, I used three primary colors, red, yellow, and blue. Once all printed together, the colors I used mix to create the different colors you see in this print. More info on how I made each plate, next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment