Saturday, February 18, 2017

The making of a Zine

Hello there. A year ago I read an article about an octopus who escaped from the New Zealand Aquarium, and I instantly thought this would look so cool as an illustrated story. But at the time I didn't take action because as a children's book the story didn't have enough substance. A year later, I'm thinking this would look great as a zine! plus I've always wanted to try making a zine. It doesn't require quite as much effort as a children's book, and it's a quick way to get my ideas out there.

Here i'm going to share with you some of the early stages of my writing/illustrating process:

First I created a rough outline, or storyboard. I'm keeping it loose, because I just want to get an idea of the overall feel and layout of the story.

By now i'm feeling pretty good and excited about the project, so I make a cover. This may change later, but I want to get a general idea of what it might look like.


My next step will be to flesh out the storyboard with more solid sketches, maybe even add some color. and write a rough draft.
Stay Tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment